DNA Analysis for Optimal Health
DNA is the genetic material in our cells that makes us who we are. You inherit this genetic material, half from your mother and half from your father. It determines your physical appearance, like your eye and hair color. Your genotype is your genetic makeup. Your individual genetic profile can help you understand your body, recognize your deficiencies, and possible overcome any negative genetic tendencies.
SNP’s (pronounced “snips”) or single nucleotide polymorphisms are the most common type of genetic variation among people. The Key difference between SNP and mutation is that SNP represents a single nucleotide difference in DNA while mutation represents any change of DNA including single to many nucleotide differences. SNP’s occur normally throughout a person’s DNA. These variations are found in the DNA between genes. They can act as biological markers. These are the places in the genome where people differ. By comparing people’s DNA sequences, scientists can identify SNPs that correspond with a particular function or response.
Health and wellness DNA Testing:
- Health Questionnaire Assessment
- Complimentary one-on-one Medical Doctor consultation
- DNA sample is obtained by a simple cheek swab
- Certified Genetic Laboratory
- Confidential Personal Genetic Profile
- SNP’s or Single nucleotide polymorphism markers identification
- Genetic profile results review one-on-one with Medical Doctor
- Your results are handles as Protected Health Information (PHI), as defined in HIPAA. This means no sharing of personal information or data.
- Personalized Report Handbook
When it comes to our bodies, we want to make choices that have a positive impact on our health. But some of those decisions – eating the wrong foods, making certain lifestyle choices, even the way we exercise – could impact our body’s ability to maintain optimum health. Even if we think we’re making the right choices, there are other factors that help determine our overall picture of health.
When it comes to your health, the answers are in your genes. Your DNA tells a story: how you process foods, how you react to exercise, how your environment affects your body, how your family history plays a part in your health.
The Gene SNP DNA Analysis offers insights into 6 major categories of weight and wellness.
- General Health:
Some genes show correlations between diet and exercise that can affect certain cardiovascular functions.
- Risk of Being Overweight:
Specific genes correlate to the buildup of fat tissue in the body. How much a person weighs and how that fat tissue is distributed in the body depends largely on individual genetic makeup. Knowing this information provides a better assessment of what size and weight is realistic.
- Food Choices:
Certain genetic variations relate directly to food processing such as how the body reacts to fat, protein and carbohydrates. These variations, as well as an individual’s eating habits combine to give an overall picture of how an individual will react to certain food groups.
- Exercise & Activity:
Our bodies are made up of two kinds of muscles: slow and fast twitch. Each individual’s genetics favor one over the other and this information can direct the individual to the type of exercises he or she should employ to more effectively burn fat and help regulate blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Behavior & Motivation:
Some genetic inclinations determine how easy or difficult it is to make good choices concerning foods When an individual understands his or her genetic tendencies to cravings and food reactions, they can better manage situations where they may overeat.
Some genetic markers show gaps in a patient’s ability to process vitamins in a way that will maximize their ability to use them. Knowing where the deficiency is allows an individual to complement his or her diet with the best nutrients to help fill in the gaps. Many nutrients help directly in weight loss and the metabolism of fat.
The Gene SNP DNA Analysis combines your individual diet, lifestyle and environmental information and scientifically merges it with your genetic background. Then, it examines a wide variety of genes and SNPs to provide a Health Action Plan designed specifically for you based on your genetic profile. The Health Action Plan makes recommendations based on how your body metabolizes food, utilizes nutrients, removes toxins and responds to physical activity.
By understanding how your genetic profile affects your well-being, and then providing practical suggestions that focus on your diet, nutrition, exercise and supplementation, the Gene SNP DNA Analysis will help you take charge of optimizing your wellness.
Benefits of Genetic Analysis:
- Personalize Health Action Plan for Optimal Health & Lifestyle
- Learn how diet influences the balance between healthy and disease states may depend on an individual’s genetic makeup.
- Understand how your DNA tells how you process foods, how you react to exercise, how your environment affects your body and how your family history plays a part in your health.
- Get practical suggestions to potentially improve your phenotype, or the expression of your genetic material, and plan to accomplish optimal health and lifestyle.
- Complimentary follow up visit as needed